Its been ages since we've shared anything on our blog.
We've had a fabulous shuffle around at Tiny Fish so expect lots more great things to come your way. So to get the ball rolling here is a recipe for one of our faves. These little bites are healthy, delicious and simple to make. They are also great as make as a big batch.
Sweet Potato Energy Bites: Savoury Yummyness
Super simple to make, full of healthy ingredients and completely versatile. The Turmeric, chili and cumin help fire up your metabolism.
Eat on its own, on a salad or sandwich or try in a stew or with a sauce. Enjoy.
- 85g Chickpeas (canned or dried- soaked overnight then cook)
- 200g Sweet potato, unpeeled, chopped
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1/2 red onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 1/2 tsp finely chopped red chilli
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- 2 tbsp tahini
- 30g roughly chopped coriander leaves
- Drain canned chickpeas and rinse under cold water. If using dried chickpeas, boil water and cook simmering for about an hour.
- Steam chunks of sweet potato for 15min until soft
- While sweet potato is steaming. Heat oil in frying pan and gently fry onion and garlic. Add, turmeric, cumin and chilli and fry for another 2 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 200° (180° for fan assisted)
- Put chickpeas, sweet potato, lemon juice, tahini and coriander in a food processer and whizz about 10 seconds just to rough it us a bit. Don't over blitz.
- Tip into a big bowl with onion and spice mixture. Season to taste and stir well.
- Divide mixture and roll into balls with your hands. Place them on a baking sheet and bake in preheated oven for about 20 mins.
- Remove andleave to cool on a wire rack. Serve and enjoy. But can also be eaten cold.